Static in my Ioniq 5 on HF Mobile!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

puppyPapa

Reaction score
I'm pulling my hair out here trying to get a decent signal on HF mobile in my new Ioniq 5. While VHF/UHF is crystal clear, 20m to 6m turns into a static fest whenever I start rolling.

Anyone else with HF mobile in their Ioniq 5 or similar electric car? I've got a setup with an antenna, but the noise floor goes crazy when the car is moving. I grounded the hitch receiver, but maybe there's something else I'm missing? Any tips or troubleshooting ideas would be appreciated.

I'm pulling my hair out here trying to get a decent signal on HF mobile in my new Ioniq 5. While VHF/UHF is crystal clear, 20m to 6m turns into a static fest whenever I start rolling.

Anyone else with HF mobile in their Ioniq 5 or similar electric car? I've got a setup with an antenna, but the noise floor goes crazy when the car is moving. I grounded the hitch receiver, but maybe there's something else I'm missing? Any tips or troubleshooting ideas would be appreciated.
I think the antenna on newer Hyundai models might be having trouble receiving signals. You should talk to your dealer about it.

Join the IONIQ Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back