Reverse gear sensitivity

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocksteddy

Reaction score
I had the opportunity to test my in-law's two day old Ioniq 5 and noticed that the accelerator was extremely sensitive when the car was in reverse. I'm planning to buy an electric vehicle, which is why she let me try her unit. As I was new to the world of electric vehicles, I assumed that this was a standard feature of all EVs. To all of you EV enthusiasts here, does the Ioniq really have a sensitive reverse gear?

Lol i encountered the same issue recently, only to discover that my auto hold feature was left on. After reaching out to my local dealership, they confirmed that it was indeed related to the auto hold feature. You can also find it outlined in the owner's manual for reference....

I'm not sure if auto hold was on or not. The car was on a flat surface. Is auto hold supposed to stay on after I use it once? Even if I turn off the car and drive it again later? I've driven other cars with hold features, but they don't work like that. I'm new to EVs, so maybe I didn't notice that feature. I'll check it out when I visit my sister again.

Join the IONIQ Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back