Frustrating Backwards Roll of my Ioniq 5!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

showjo1josh

Reaction score
Hey folks, just gotta tell you about this crazy thing that happened to my IONIQ 5 yesterday, and I'm wondering if anyone else has dealt with it. So, imagine this - I'm cruising down this road, nothing out of the ordinary, when I hit a red light on a slight incline. Next thing I know, my car starts rolling backward, like, what?! Luckily, there wasn't anyone behind me to get in a fender bender with. And get this - my car was in Drive mode, and I had my foot on the brake the whole time! It's got me scratching my head. I've been taking this same route to work every day without a hitch, not until yesterday. Any of you ever had this happen? What should I even do about it? 'Cause let me tell you, feeling like your car's got a mind of its own is not a fun time!

I noticed the same thing with i-Pedal. It seems like it might roll back a bit when you first engage it while stopped, but then it behaves normally on mine after. Hope it won't happen to you again! Did you tell your dealer about this already?

You most likely activated the I-pedal; when you come to a stop, the car usually rolls backward; you'll get used to it though..

Join the IONIQ Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back