My 2018 Ioniq Hybrid's Battery Issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lassy22

Reaction score
My Ioniq Hybrid battery isn't charging properly. The battery drains quickly, and the gas engine fails to charge it sufficiently. The check engine light occasionally shows with code P0011. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

A P0011 code typically indicates a problem with the camshaft timing. When the gas engine encounters issues, it's common for the hybrid system to go into a limp mode to protect the components. As a result, the hybrid battery may remain at a low charge state.

If you're experiencing this, it's important to have your vehicle checked by a mechanic to diagnose and address the underlying camshaft timing issue. Once the problem is resolved, the hybrid system should function normally again.

Thanks for your help. I took my car to the dealership, where they discovered faulty wires in the solenoid system. That was the root of the problem. I also had my oil changed, and everything is now working properly. Thank you again!

Join the IONIQ Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back