Jump starting the Ioniq 5

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QueenofCups

Reaction score
Can a portable charger help? Been seeing posts about dead 12v batteries, and it got me thinking about my old jump starter from my MINI days. Obviously, it won't crank the electric motor, but could it jump-start the 12v to get the car running? The idea is, the Ioniq 5 could then take over and recharge the 12v itself. Anyone know if a portable jump starter would actually recharge the dead battery, or is it a replacement situation?

Can a portable charger help? Been seeing posts about dead 12v batteries, and it got me thinking about my old jump starter from my MINI days. Obviously, it won't crank the electric motor, but could it jump-start the 12v to get the car running? The idea is, the Ioniq 5 could then take over and recharge the 12v itself. Anyone know if a portable jump starter would actually recharge the dead battery, or is it a replacement situation?
A portable charger can definitely help, it might be able to jump-start the 12V battery in your Ioniq 5, allowing it to recharge itself once the car is running, Uhm but if the battery has been flat too long or drops to single digits, it might need replacing soon. It’s a great idea to keep that old jump starter handy for emergencies.

Join the IONIQ Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back