Ioniq's Adaptive Cruise Control

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hell4Ge

Reaction score
I'm curious if anyone has really delved into how the Ioniq's adaptive cruise control stacks up against sticking with Auto regen or Manual regen all the time. From my own observations, in ACC mode, the stopping can be a bit abrupt, whereas in manual mode, it's all about that smooth and precise braking. What's been your experience with it?

Haven't tried it yet. All I know is that you can adjust the speed sensitivity on the infotainment. Have you given that a try?

When following cars that are about to exit, the ACC can be a little sensitive. Even after the car in front has passed, mine will occasionally slow down abruptly. It's annoying to have to cancel and restart the ACC all the time.

I always use the i-Pedal feature, even when driving on the highway with cruise control. It took some getting used to, but I now do it instinctively. If I know I'm going to stop using cruise control and don't need to slow down right away, I don't even use the gas pedal. It's just something I do automatically now.

Join the IONIQ Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back