Ioniq SEL ACC Problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BipolarBrah

Reaction score
Just had a pretty freaky experience with my Ioniq SEL's adaptive cruise control. Out of nowhere, the car started creeping forward on its own, and I wasn’t even touching the pedals or messing with the switch. I was stopped behind a semi-trailer, and the car almost slammed into it! Anyone else run into this kind of glitch? What’s going on here? I’m really worried about how safe this tech is.

When my car’s adaptive cruise control kicks in, it gets pretty cozy with the car in front - like, around 8 feet away. It uses radar and cameras to handle this. But, I've never seen it start moving again on its own or, even more freaky, steer into a car parked on the side. We know the car isn’t completely hands-free, but your experience definitely raises some red flags.

AFAIK when you stop on the highway, it will go automatically. If you're on a small road, you must press a button on the steering wheel or tap the gas pedal to make it go again.

Join the IONIQ Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back