Ioniq safety system warning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrBeastBites

Reaction score
Just got a scary message on my Ioniq today while driving in the rain - "Check Forward Safety System" Regen dropped to zero, So I pulled over when I could and wiped down the windshield front bumper, and rear sensors/camera. The error message is still there, but at least all regen levels work except for I-pedal. Anyone else experience this in the rain? Is it a sensor thing, or should I be more worried?

Just got a scary message on my Ioniq today while driving in the rain - "Check Forward Safety System" Regen dropped to zero, So I pulled over when I could and wiped down the windshield front bumper, and rear sensors/camera. The error message is still there, but at least all regen levels work except for I-pedal. Anyone else experience this in the rain? Is it a sensor thing, or should I be more worried?
I had a similar issue before. The dealer ended up diagnosing it as a faulty front radar unit, which took about 2 weeks to get the part and replace. Everything seems to be working smoothly now though.

Join the IONIQ Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back