Ioniq Plug-In Hybrid Damaged Door

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bhambri03

Reaction score
Picked up a 2023 Ioniq Plug-In Hybrid last week, and guess what? I found this nasty dent on the front passenger door today. It looks like the metal’s all bent out of shape, and it’s screeching like a banshee when I open it. I didn’t catch it earlier since I’m the only one driving it and live solo. Pretty sure it was like this when I got it from the dealer. The dealership hasn’t been much help, either. Got any advice on what I should do now? I’m seriously losing my mind here and starting to regret this whole purchase.

Get a professional. Instead of trying to fix it yourself, look for a professional dent repair company that specializes in techniques like heating and pulling. The good ones are magicians. Just be aware that matte paint can be tricky to work with and might require repainting the entire door. Check your local repair shops to see if any have experience with matte finishes.

You should've checked the car properly before leaving the showroom, that way you can request to have it repaired or replaced with another unit. Now the dealer may refuse to fix the dent since they can deny that it's not from them.

Join the IONIQ Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back