Ioniq Hybrid Battery Issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Of+Mice+Men

Reaction score
I'm new to hybrid cars and I've been having a frustrating issue with my Ioniq Hybrid. The battery has gone completely flat four times in the past year, making it impossible to get into the car.

I've discovered a workaround (removing the cover by the driver's handle and using the key), but it's a hassle and sets off the alarm. I was told that I need to drive the car regularly, which seems like a ridiculous solution during lockdowns.
Any advice or solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Can you tell me the year and model of your car? I’m trying to figure out what kind of 12v battery you’ve got. The older models use a lead acid battery in the trunk, while the newer ones have a lithium battery tucked away with the traction battery under the rear seat. Generally, it’s the lead acid ones that tend to give more trouble.

I'm new to hybrid cars and I've been having a frustrating issue with my Ioniq Hybrid. The battery has gone completely flat four times in the past year, making it impossible to get into the car.

I've discovered a workaround (removing the cover by the driver's handle and using the key), but it's a hassle and sets off the alarm. I was told that I need to drive the car regularly, which seems like a ridiculous solution during lockdowns.
Any advice or solutions would be greatly appreciated.
Sorry about what you are facing with a flat battery like that. Have you considered getting a trickle charger to keep the battery topped up while you're not driving? This should help out.

Join the IONIQ Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back