Ioniq Electrical Problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ButcherSir

Reaction score
Man, I’m seriously having a rough ride with my used 2018 Ioniq I got a month back. The USB charging's totally gone kaput, the multimedia screen's gone blank, the door locks are acting up, and the car battery keeps dying on me. Took it to the dealer, and they’re like, “Yep, needs a new multimedia system.”

So what do you all think? Could this one multimedia thing be causing all the chaos, or is the battery just toast and needs to be swapped out?

Did you get a new Ioniq multimedia system? It could be different issues going on but the dealer's recommendation will be a good start. If the new multimedia system doesn't resolve all the issues, then you have a much bigger problem. Update us how it goes.

Man, I’m seriously having a rough ride with my used 2018 Ioniq I got a month back. The USB charging's totally gone kaput, the multimedia screen's gone blank, the door locks are acting up, and the car battery keeps dying on me. Took it to the dealer, and they’re like, “Yep, needs a new multimedia system.”

So what do you all think? Could this one multimedia thing be causing all the chaos, or is the battery just toast and needs to be swapped out?
I think you have the answer. Replace the multimedia system first, then test if there are any other issues. If yes, then might be the battery.
But take it step-by-step.

Join the IONIQ Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back