Ioniq electric door locking Issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B00kworm

Reaction score
I'm having some trouble with the door locks on my 2018 Ioniq. When I try to lock the car, the driver's door won't lock. There's a clicking sound coming from the back door (driver's side), but the lights don't flash, and the mirrors don't fold. I've tried using the button on the door handle, but the same problem persists. I've even replaced the battery in the key fob.

Does anyone have any ideas about what might be causing this? I'm hoping for a simple solution before I have to take it in for repairs. To lock the car, I've been manually locking the driver's door from inside and then using the central lock.

Sounds like the cold weather might have been the culprit. With temperatures dipping to -12 degrees, it's possible that some mechanical components froze up. Have you tried letting the car warm up in a warmer environment before attempting to drive it again? If the issue persists, it might be a good idea to have it checked out by a mechanic.

If it's cold out there, fill a small spray bottle with rubbing alcohol and spray the latch area. This will allow the ice to melt and the door to close properly.

Join the IONIQ Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back