Ioniq charging problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmac04

Reaction score
I've been having trouble charging my Ioniq using the power that comes from my home solar installation. When the sun does not produce enough energy, I use the blue-link remote function to manually stop the charging process. After receiving a "success" message and confirming that the car had stopped charging, I noticed that the charging process restarted automatically 30-60 minutes later on three separate occasions, charging the car to 100%.

This is inconvenient since it wastes energy. The only solid solution I've discovered is to physically unplug the car when I want to stop charging, which defeats the purpose of a remote start/stop charging feature. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

There is no built-in function to automatically resume charging after you stop it; you need to manually initiate the charging process again through the car's display. That being said, there must ne something worng with the blue link. Have you tried resetting it and see if there's any change?

I've been having trouble charging my Ioniq using the power that comes from my home solar installation. When the sun does not produce enough energy, I use the blue-link remote function to manually stop the charging process. After receiving a "success" message and confirming that the car had stopped charging, I noticed that the charging process restarted automatically 30-60 minutes later on three separate occasions, charging the car to 100%.

This is inconvenient since it wastes energy. The only solid solution I've discovered is to physically unplug the car when I want to stop charging, which defeats the purpose of a remote start/stop charging feature. Has anyone else experienced this issue?
Hey,but is it really okay to charge your ioniq with a Solar Charger?

Join the IONIQ Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back