IONIQ 5 cold weather issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RUMORhasit

Reaction score
we live in a town where there's eternal cold. Hoping someone else has used their IONIQ in cold weather. My car seems to be developing a dislike for anything cold. Yesterday, it just wouldn't turn on at all, only the climate control. Not even accessory mode! Luckily, things warmed up a bit overnight and it started fine this morning. But then tonight, same story. Now it's getting towed to the service center across town. The weird thing is, it's handled way colder temps before, even a long trip. Back in December, it got a bunch of firmware updates that actually fixed some cold weather glitches. Maybe there was something with the fix that caused it? Is anyone else having similar issues?

I had a similar problem, and it ended up being a simple fix. A dead 12V battery was the culprit. I got it replaced, and now everything is working perfectly again.

Did you get this fixed? Based on what I read, a 12V battery is the common issue why this happens.

Join the IONIQ Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back