Hyundai ioniq 2019 Charging Issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LizB

Reaction score
Hello all,

I plan to get hyundai ioniq 2019 for a friend as a gift this December, I read somewhere that there can be an issue of the car model not being able to engage with the level 3 fast chargers? I have the 2020 model, but I have never had this experience. Has any had this issue with the 2019?

"Hey! That's a very thoughtful gift! I've been reading about charging, and I've noticed a few mentions of earlier models, such as the 2019 Ioniq, having limitations with fast chargers. I'm not sure if this is a widespread problem, though. Perhaps it varies by region or charger type? Since you have the 2020 model without any issues, it's interesting to hear that this could be specific to the 2019. Hopefully, someone who's been through this can provide more information. I'd love to hear what you find out!"

"Hey! That's a very thoughtful gift! I've been reading about charging, and I've noticed a few mentions of earlier models, such as the 2019 Ioniq, having limitations with fast chargers. I'm not sure if this is a widespread problem, though. Perhaps it varies by region or charger type? Since you have the 2020 model without any issues, it's interesting to hear that this could be specific to the 2019. Hopefully, someone who's been through this can provide more information. I'd love to hear what you find out!"
Hey! Thanks for the insight! I totally agree—it could definitely vary depending on the charger type or location. I’ll keep an eye out for more info. Thanks again

Hello all,

I plan to get hyundai ioniq 2019 for a friend as a gift this December, I read somewhere that there can be an issue of the car model not being able to engage with the level 3 fast chargers? I have the 2020 model, but I have never had this experience. Has any had this issue with the 2019?
I dont think this is a common issue, but it is worth finding out. You can also check with the dealership if there any updates or fix for the 2019 model regarding the fast charging compatibility.

I dont think this is a common issue, but it is worth finding out. You can also check with the dealership if there any updates or fix for the 2019 model regarding the fast charging compatibility.
Thanks Conner, I will check with my local dealer.

Join the IONIQ Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back