Hyundai Buyback

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daywa1ker

Reaction score
So I'm in the process of getting a buyback on my 2020 Ioniq Limited HEV due to some pesky electronic issues. Has anyone here gone through the Hyundai buyback process before? I'm trying to figure out how much I can expect to get. I get that they’ll factor in the purchase price, down payment, trade-in value, payments, and interest, but I’m a bit stuck on how they deal with the mileage adjustment. Any insights?

Earlier this year, I wrapped up the buy-back process, which was kind of a rollercoaster - rushing around one minute and twiddling my thumbs the next. Overall, I’m pretty happy with the financial settlement I got. Once Hyundai gives the thumbs-up, the last bit of the repurchase will be handled by an insurance company.

We had to sue Hyundai twice because our Ioniq 5 repeatedly broke down. The AC failed first, followed by the ICCU. We received a refund for the first problem, but we had to return the car for the second. We were quite pleased with how everything turned out. If your car has been in the shop for a long time, call Hyundai directly and request a refund. The dealership won't be able to assist you with that.

Join the IONIQ Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back