How to Keep OBD Ports Safe on my Ioniq 6?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhoDeyKT

Reaction score
Has anyone cracked the code on how to keep those sneaky thieves away from our OBD Ports? Its pretty scary these days with thieves getting more clever. They can just waltz up, plug in a device, and poof! They've got access to our car's digital keys on a silver platter. Im on the hunt for ways to protect my OBD Port, but I'm drawing a blank. Any brainwaves on how we can outsmart these crafty crooks?

How about just putting a kill switch? Playing with the OBD might cause some problems in the future since it's electronic.

Has anyone cracked the code on how to keep those sneaky thieves away from our OBD Ports? Its pretty scary these days with thieves getting more clever. They can just waltz up, plug in a device, and poof! They've got access to our car's digital keys on a silver platter. Im on the hunt for ways to protect my OBD Port, but I'm drawing a blank. Any brainwaves on how we can outsmart these crafty crooks?
Put up an ignition coil to send a pulse on one or more of the "data lines". Should break the scanner to pieces.

Join the IONIQ Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back