How do I fix my AC stuck in auto mode?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Conner

Reaction score
Hey people, so the other day, I turned on the AC, and it started fine for about two minutes, then suddenly shut off. The fan went into auto mode, cycling through all the vents non-stop, and no matter what I pressed, it stayed stuck on "Auto." It wouldn’t switch to anything else, not even outside air. The dealership suggested replacing the whole system, but I’m hoping someone’s dealt with this before.

Hey people, so the other day, I turned on the AC, and it started fine for about two minutes, then suddenly shut off. The fan went into auto mode, cycling through all the vents non-stop, and no matter what I pressed, it stayed stuck on "Auto." It wouldn’t switch to anything else, not even outside air. The dealership suggested replacing the whole system, but I’m hoping someone’s dealt with this before.
Honestly I am very sure it is just a glitch in the system, I don't think you need to do a full replacement. But hey, what do I know, dealers know best, right?

Join the IONIQ Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back