Gear Troubles with 2022 Ioniq 5!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TommyRO778

Reaction score
So my wife’s 2022 Ioniq 5 RWD has been a real pain lately. It just won’t go into gear—neither R nor D. It’s been stuck at the service center forever now, waiting for them to replace the Rear Drive Gear. I thought it was a one-off thing since we haven’t heard many others complaining about this issue. But then, yesterday, our neighbor with a 2022 Ioniq 5 AWD told us they’re dealing with the exact same gear problem. Now I’m starting to think this might be a widespread defect in all Ioniq 5s, not just a fluke lemon. Has anyone else run into this issue or had the same diagnosis with their Ioniq 5? And if so, what’s the fix? Any advice would be awesome right now!

Have you found a solution for this already? Or did you get it serviced already? Ive been having the same problem but I wanted to get your opinion before deciding on what to do.

Didn't have any issues with my tranny. I suggest you visit your dealer and have them diagnose it.

Join the IONIQ Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back