Electrical problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noval_tor

Reaction score
All the warning lights on my 2019 Ioniq lit up like a Christmas tree! The car drove normally though. I turned it off and on again when I got home, and everything seemed fine – no more warning lights. But then, the next day, boom! All the lights came back on again when I started it. I tried disconnecting the battery for a while, but it didn't fix the problem. I brought it to the dealership, and I was really concerned that they said they hadn't encountered this issue before. They'll still try to diagnose the problem by checking for error codes. Has anyone else had this happen to them?

I suspect the problem is with your ground connection. You can start by visually inspecting it. If it is corroded, try cleaning it.
Thanks for the tip! The dealer identified a glitch in the connection and performed some magic with the wires, bypassing a faulty part and soldering them together directly. Now everything's working flawlessly.

I'm glad you got that serviced and everything is working perfectly fine. Just don't forget to do a routine check whenever you have the time. It's better if you can make sure that your vehicle is running in perfect condition rather than being stuck in the middle of nowhere because you didn't check it.

Loose connection and damaged wire causes malfunction all the time. But a routine maintenance will really give you a peace of mind, especially when you are in for a long haul. Happy to know your dealer figured it out.

Exactly @Mjay, vehicle owners whether it is an EV or gas-powered need routine maintenance. Just like what I said recently, it's better than being stuck in the middle of nowhere. Aside from that, it's more expensive if a part gets worn out.

Join the IONIQ Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back