Door lock and Auto brake sensor issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Conner

Reaction score
Hey, so something strange happened yesterday, I almost smashed into an SUV when I didn’t have my foot on the brake hard enough, and my car rolled into it. The front grill has some minor damage, but the plaque seems okay. Shortly after, I got a warning that the auto-brake radar was "blocked" and not working, though the light goes off after a few miles. The dealer says I need to replace a relay harness, but I think the sensor might need replacing. I will after to confirm with the dealer

Also, the driver’s side button for unlocking the car doesn’t work, and it won’t unlock with the remote either. The passenger side works fine, so it’s not the remote. I’m trying to figure out if I need to order a new part. Any advice would be appreciated. It’s a 2017 Ioniq

Hey, so something strange happened yesterday, I almost smashed into an SUV when I didn’t have my foot on the brake hard enough, and my car rolled into it. The front grill has some minor damage, but the plaque seems okay. Shortly after, I got a warning that the auto-brake radar was "blocked" and not working, though the light goes off after a few miles. The dealer says I need to replace a relay harness, but I think the sensor might need replacing. I will after to confirm with the dealer

Also, the driver’s side button for unlocking the car doesn’t work, and it won’t unlock with the remote either. The passenger side works fine, so it’s not the remote. I’m trying to figure out if I need to order a new part. Any advice would be appreciated. It’s a 2017 Ioniq
If you've hit the front of your car, the radar might just need a realignment. Mos times, even a small bump can throw it off.

How is it now? There are reputable body shops that can do the work for you that are cheaper and offer quality repair than the dealership.

Join the IONIQ Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back