Can’t Get My Bluelink to Work

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scooty56

Reaction score
Hey folks, I’m hitting a wall with the remote control on my Ioniq Premium EV. The app keeps flashing this “too much time has passed since the last start-up” message and blocking the remote features. It also says everything will be fine after driving for a bit, but the message keeps popping up even after long drives. Anyone else hit this roadblock or have any tricks to fix it? Appreciate any help!

I’m having the same issue with my Ioniq 5.

Resetting the entertainment system didn't fix it for me either like what I read online. Seems like a software glitch.

I contacted Bluelink support, and they suggested updating the software and resetting the system. I tried both, along with unlinking and relinking Bluelink, but nothing worked. I waited for some time and it got resolved by removing the car from my account and adding it back as a new one. If you haven't tried that, it might be worth a shot.

This has occurred to me during several vacations. It functions similarly to a sleep mode in order to avoid excessive battery drain.

Join the IONIQ Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back