2021 Ioniq Hybrid Battery Problem a Hidden ‘Feature’ or a Glitch?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThedrunkHorse

Reaction score
My wife’s 2021 Ioniq Hybrid Limited has this quirky issue. If it sits for about 3 days without driving, the battery’s completely dead when she comes back. We just do a quick reset on the 12V battery, and it starts up again, but it’s such a hassle. The dealership says it’s a “feature,” but we can’t find anything about it in the manual. Has anyone else run into this? We’re starting to think it might be more of a bug than a feature.

I recommend reset but before diving into the reset procedures, have you checked the voltage of your 12v system? It's a good idea to ensure it's fully charged before attempting any resets.

Once you've confirmed the battery voltage, we can discuss the specific reset procedures for your car model. Let me know what you're driving, and I'll provide the appropriate steps.

My wife’s 2021 Ioniq Hybrid Limited has this quirky issue. If it sits for about 3 days without driving, the battery’s completely dead when she comes back. We just do a quick reset on the 12V battery, and it starts up again, but it’s such a hassle. The dealership says it’s a “feature,” but we can’t find anything about it in the manual. Has anyone else run into this? We’re starting to think it might be more of a bug than a feature.
Did you find out the cause?

Join the IONIQ Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back