2019 Hyundai Ioniq - Rear and Handbrake Issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ilovebooks001

Reaction score
Hi!

My sister has a 2019 Hyundai Ioniq, but because of the rear and handbrake, it has failed a regular safety inspection, because of ineffective pads. She took it to the car service. The guy from there has bled the brakes to enhance efficiency by removing air bubbles, but the brakes still aren't effective enough.
Any ideas, please? She really needs the car.

Hi!

My sister has a 2019 Hyundai Ioniq, but because of the rear and handbrake, it has failed a regular safety inspection, because of ineffective pads. She took it to the car service. The guy from there has bled the brakes to enhance efficiency by removing air bubbles, but the brakes still aren't effective enough.
How about giving those intense emergency stops a shot? It might really get those rear brakes working and boost their performance. Plus, there’s a chance the brake pads are a bit gunked up. So let’s see what happens!

I will also suggest you go for a second check from a different mechanic to be sure nothing was overlooked in the initial inspection.
Hi!

Join the IONIQ Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back