Tinkling Noise in my 2018 Ioniq Premium PHEV

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

butterflyki55

Reaction score
I've been noticing a really weird noise in my 2018 Ioniq Premium PHEV. Every now and then, I'll hear a little bell tinkling sound while I'm driving. It's really bothering me and I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this. Does anyone know what it could be or if it's something to worry about?

Do you see any notification when you hear the sound? It could be anything really.
Temp indicator, Brake actuation system or google maps, maybe you can look around carefully the next time you hear it.

Next time when you hear it, just think about what you did in that specific moment. If you don't see any lights or notifications, it might not be something to worry about.

I've been noticing a really weird noise in my 2018 Ioniq Premium PHEV. Every now and then, I'll hear a little bell tinkling sound while I'm driving. It's really bothering me and I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this. Does anyone know what it could be or if it's something to worry about?
Is it cold out there? I suspect that's the system alerting when the temp is below 5°C.

Join the IONIQ Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back