My car got scratch marks on driver's side door on highway. I think we got hit with a metal pole.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Atreides357

Reaction score
I wanted to get some advice about something that happened this morning. The car in front of me ran over several metal poles left in the middle of the highway as I was driving on the road. The poles flew back and hit my new car when we passed over them. We only had this car for slightly more than a month. I arrived at work and fortunately there was scratches; my driver's side door has a scratch. Does warranty cover this? Not so sure; how much would it cost to fix it? There is a minor scratch and kinda deep; when I ran the bottom of my finger over it. I do have the limited warranty and paint and fabric protection. Does that cover it?

Sorry to hear this, I doubt this will be covered by warranty, maybe insurance though depending on your coverage. A body shop will give you the right estimate for the fix.

Do you have a board camera? Try to identify that car and its owner and talk to him...
At least you didn't have any major damage. Go to someone who does professional repair and see what would be the costs. Also, take some pictures in case you manage to identify the owner of the car that was in front of you.

So sad to hear that. Unfortunately, that won't be covered by your warranty. Let your insurance do its job for it.

Agree with @Ilovebooks001, dash cams are really important these days, especially for documenting unexpected incidents.

Join the IONIQ Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back