How Can I Get A New Key For My Hyundai Ioniq?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaskonZed10

Reaction score
Good day, guys!

At least for you because for me it is not... I lost my Hyundai Ioniq key. I know I should buy a new one, but the local dealer wants to get me poor by asking around $660 from my pocket (key and programming).
Is there any other way to get a new key?

A major con for this is that most times the aftermath of keys from locksmith may not match the quality of the manufacturer keys. And if anything goes wrong with your car, its all on you man. It is safer to use your dealer.

Modern car keys can be quite expensive. Unlike traditional keys, they often have unique, double-sided shapes. Additionally, many newer cars require the key to be programmed via the OBD-II port. My previous Toyota used a VIN-based key cutting process, which I doubt a locksmith could replicate. For newer cars, programming typically involves using the other fob and following a specific sequence of turning the car on and off, as well as opening and closing the door. The most cost-effective approach is usually to find a genuine, uncut key and fob at a reasonable price and then visit a dealership for professional cutting and programming

Thanks for the suggestions, guys! I didn't realize locksmiths could be a better option. I will look into that. As for insurance, it doesn't cover key replacement. At least now I know that the dealership might not be my only option.

Join the IONIQ Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back